If an Alcohol Delivery is marked as No-Contact, please follow the best practices outlined below for a contactless delivery.
- Face-masks are required at all times when picking up and dropping off an order. When entering a store to pick up an order, drivers must follow the requirements to wear face-masks.
Different clients have slightly different no-contact procedures. Please review the pickup and drop-off notes to ensure you follow specific directions.
- Contact Customer. Once you arrive at the drop off location, contact the customer so that you can scan their ID to complete the order. You may call the customer using the contact information provided in the delivery notes. If the customer does not answer their phone, feel free to knock/ring the doorbell to confirm they are home.
- Scan ID. In order to perform a contactless ID Scan, you can either:
- Scan the ID barcode through a window or door screen
- Ask the customer to place the ID flat on the ground and have them step away at a safe distance where you can approach the ID and scan it.
Work with the customer to find the best solution to scan their ID. Do not deliver alcohol unless the customer’s ID has been verified. Do not scan your own ID in the customer’s stead.
- Signature: Customer signatures are always required for all alcohol deliveries, even if the delivery is a No-Contact delivery. To acquire the customer's signature, drivers must place their phones on the ground and walk away at a safe distance so that the customer may pick up the phone and enter their signature. Once the order has been signed, the driver may retrieve their phone and mark the order as complete.
- Photo Proof of Delivery: Please provide photo proof of delivery if prompted by the app. Be sure to include the groceries in front of the apartment/house number if you can. If the apartment/house number is not on the door, please make sure you can clearly see the home in the background behind the contents.
Please refer to our Alcohol Delivery Guidelines for more information on how to complete alcohol deliveries.
It is important that you do not feel pressured and that you do not take short cuts when carrying out an alcohol delivery.
If you are having an issue with an alcohol delivery, do not hesitate to reach out to Point Pickup Support via chat in our Help Center.