There will be times when you are unable to complete a delivery due to certain issues. These may include the wrong address, destination closed, incorrect address/contact info, etc.
Before marking an order as a 'Failed Delivery,' it is important that drivers make every attempt to drop off the order before doing so.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Upon arrival at the delivery location, mark ‘Arrive at Drop-Off’ in the App. This ensures Point Pickup knows you have arrived and knows how long you have waited to reach the customer.
- Check the drop-off notes to ensure you are at the correct address. Be sure to check the house/apartment number to verify that you are at the right drop off location. If you are having trouble finding the address, reach out to a Point Pickup Support agent via chat for assistance.
- Make contact with the customer to confirm delivery. This will include approaching their door and ringing the doorbell or knocking. If they do not answer the door, call the customer’s phone using the number listed in the Drop-Off Notes. Confirm with the customer that you are at the correct drop off location.
- You must attempt to reach the customer for 10-15 minutes before marking a failed delivery attempt.
- If you are unable to reach the customer after 10-15 minutes please go to the App and press "Having Issues with this Order?" then press "Mark as Failed Attempt".
- Select your reason for Failed Attempt
- You must then bring the items back to the Walmart that you previously picked them up from.
You will be paid twice the base payout for that delivery for bringing the items to the drop-off destination as well as back to the pickup location. If you need any assistance with finding a customer and/or marking a failed delivery attempt please contact Point Pickup Driver Support.