Due to concerns over the coronavirus, all deliveries for all clients will be no-contact deliveries. Please read the following information regarding no-contact delivery procedures.
Important: Remember to read pickup/drop-off notes for any specific instructions regarding delivery as they are subject to change/adjust.
- Face-masks are required at all times when picking up and dropping off an order. When entering a store to pickup an order, drivers must follow the requirements to wear face-masks.
Pickup procedure is to be no-contact. Masks must be worn at all times when inside the store. You are not required to handle and sign anyone else's devices. The store associate will ask the driver if they can sign their handheld device on the driver's behalf to avoid unnecessary exposure for both parties involved. The only requirement is to receive the groceries or pickup and handle the groceries yourself.
Drop-off for No-Contact Deliveries
- Confirming Address. Once you have arrived at the drop off location, it is important that you confirm that you are at the correct address as noted in the app.
- Contact Customer. Before dropping off the order, be sure to contact the customer to let them know you have arrived with their order. You may call the customer using the contact information provided in the delivery notes. If the customer does not answer their phone, feel free to knock/ring the doorbell to confirm they are home.
- Knock and Drop. Once you have made contact with the customer, knock or ring the doorbell to alert them and set down groceries allowing the customer to pick them up themselves. Walk away from the door 6+ feet or back to your vehicle.
- Provide Evidence of Drop Off in Two Ways:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your delivered groceries and if possible the house number/apartment number. Include the order ID and any info that is relevant.
- No-Contact Signature. Please verify the address, apartment number, or building number in the Signature Area as shown in the example below. All alcohol deliveries still require customer signatures. Please view our article on No-Contact Alcohol Deliveries for more information.
Drop Off for Regular Deliveries
If the order is not marked as a No-Contact delivery it is therefore a Regular Delivery. If the order is a Regular Delivery please have the customer confirm their identity before dispensing the packages for drop off.
“Hello, I have a Walmart delivery, can I get your name to confirm your identity?”
Do not ask them by providing them with the name associated with the order. Have the customer provide you with the name first to confirm the order.
Once the customer's identity has been confirmed, you may handoff the delivery and confirm the order as ‘completed’ in the app.